Monday, July 30, 2012

Function meets Fashion

I bought this teal hat last year and had only wore it for my engagement photos the year prior, so with a bright and sunny forecast I thought I'd wear for an outdoor BBQ.  

I had a fantastic time there and the Irvine venue was beautiful complete with a man-made lake, paddle boats, slides for the shallow pool etc.  Yet with the sun blazing I definitely had to cover-up and stay cool. The hat was not only a fashionable accessory but also provided the much needed shade. My face was eternally grateful. 

Here's my black and White bargain ensemble with brown and teal accents.      


 


Wood Necklace: $5, Big Lots, Fountain Valley, CA
Talbots Bag: $20 Lucky Shops, New York, NY
Black & White Twist Dress: $8.99 Goodwill, Westminster, CA
Anne Klein Shoes: $4 Women Helping Women Sale, Santa Ana, CA
Teal Hat: $10 Princess Cruise, Hawaii Trip
Betsey Johnson Sunglasses: $19 +$6 shipping, Groupon Goods

Total: $72.99


Summary for Today's Tops
1. Dig in your closet to reuse apparel that you already use
2. Play with different shades of the same color to tie in an outfit without looking too matchy-match. (ie. light to dark brown)
3. Hats are a greatly under utilized accessory. Use it to not only make a statement but also provided much needed relief for your head.

Yours Truly,

Irene







No comments:

Post a Comment