Sunday, July 15, 2012

85 Takes the Cake!

My beautiful grandmother in Long Beach, CA



























Happy 85th Birthday Grandma!

With such a monumental birthday it's difficult to know what to get the special birthday girl.  Maybe some pretty jewelry, a new bag, a new gadget... the list goes on and on. But to no success, my Grandma didn't want anything. So I thought I'd give her the next best thing-- a surprise visit with a home-made cake!

In my mind this gift idea is special and budget friendly gift on a number of levels.

1. Warm and fluffy out of the oven cake will always taste > than cold cake
2. Cake Mix ($1.25) + Frosting ($.98) costs < store bought cake ($15+)
3. It's time efficient if you take into consideration your travel to-and-from the store, waiting to pick up, and paying at the cashier time for the store bought cake.
4. You save gas money.
5. The element of surprise is on your side
6. Made with love. Always a crowd pleaser.

ingredients used for cake!


I'm an amateur baker, but in my experience I've never met anyone who doesn't love a bundt cake, especially when comes it's straight out of the oven. And if you want to give it that extra umph...you can decorate with sliced strawberries, bananas, blueberries, around the perimeter of the cake. It makes for an elegant decor that's tasty too! 

Summary of Today's TIps
Spending quality time with a loved one is a gift in and of itself and the memories will always be in his or her heart. I feel that food always brings people together and when it's home-made it's just that much more special.


How do you celebrate a special occasion for a special someone? Do you have special tips that you'd like to share? Let us know and comment below.


Yours Truly,

Irene





No comments:

Post a Comment