Monday, July 30, 2012

Modern Retro Chic

I did some pretty intense thrifting this past weekend and promised myself to wear all my recent purchases. So my goal for this week is to try to wear at least one recent purchase each day. Here's my first outfit pairing!

 

When I first saw this dress I was immediately drawn to the bold but muted colors. It had such an elegant vibe that I knew that I had to have it.  Because the dress was a statement piece in-and-of-itself so I only added a necklace and matched it with nude shoes to elongate my legs. This was a prefect ensemble for a family dinner at South Coast Plaza, which was absolutely delicious by the way. Seasons 52 definitely gets two thumbs up from me! 

Tiana B dress: $5, Women Helping Woman, Santa Ana, CA
Anne Klein shoes: $4, Women Helping Women, Santa Ana, CA
Brown Rock Necklace: $10, Far in Los Angeles, CA

Total: $19 (What a steal!)


Summary of Today's Tips
1. Muted colors can make an outfit instantly elegant with a retro edge.
2. A scoop neckline can be intimidating. Add a necklace to add some coverage


Yours Truly, 

Irene    











No comments:

Post a Comment