Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 4: Denim Day

I love a great pair of jeans, but today I felt like spicing things up and went for the denim dress.  The sweetheart cut is especially flattering and the flower detail at the rim of the dress made the piece look extra girly. I paired both looks with a chocolate colored belt and nude shoes to elongate my legs and only swapped added one item to change the look.  The sunglasses add a bit more edgy while the cardigan added the needed coverage for an office appropriate attire.  Voila! What do you think?     



Brown and Gold Belt: $1.50, Assistance League of Irvine, Irvine, CA
Light Denim Dress: $5, Women Helping Women, Santa Ana, CA

Look 1
Betsey Johnson Sunglasses: $19 + $6 Shipping,  
Nude Open Peep Toe Shoes: $15? Forever 21, New York, NY 
Total: $46.50

Look 2
Strappy Nude Heals: $4, Women Helping Women, Santa Ana CA
Jones New York Green cardigan: $6, Palos Verdes Resale, Lomita,  CA
Total: $16.50


Summary of Today's Tips
1. A cardigan will often help make your look more conservative  
2. A high waisted belt is your best friend. It will instantly make your look curvy in all the right places 
3. Mix hard and soft elements. It makes your look more complete and balanced.

Yours Truly,

Irene 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you got super cute dress for $5 ! Really makes me think about the $ I dropped on Japanese post-its yesterday... I could have Look One without the sunglass. Inspiring work, Rockstar ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... Thanks Michelle! heart heart :)

    ReplyDelete