Sunday, September 2, 2012

$5 Kenneth Cole Dress: 4 Ways and Youtube Video!

Talk about getting the best bang for your buck! I'm always trying to stretch my dollar and though Labor Day weekend screamed sales galore, I felt like shopping in my own closet to sport some new looks. Even though this Kenneth Cole dress was a bargain in and of itself ($5 from Women Helping Women), I thought it'd be a great exercise to think of alternative methods to get the most mileage out of this piece.   All looks are around the $20ish dollar range (including the dress), so they don't break the bank!

Additionally, with my mom's help :) we filmed and edited our first collaboration. It's a bit blue, but I hope with more practice I'll be able to improve my camera work. Come check it out! And as always, I've listed all the prices and locations where I purchased each item below.  Let me know what you think!





Look 1:
Gold Leaf Shaped Earrings: $5, Bit Lots, Fountain Valley, CA
Strappy Wedges: $10, Buffalo Exchange, Boston, MA
Kenneth Cole Dress: $5, Women Helping Women, Santa Ana, CA
Total: $20



Look 2:
Ralph Lauren Cotton White Sweater: $4, Women Helping Women, Santa Ana, CA
Pearl Earrings: $5.50 Claires, Boston, MA
Strappy Wedges: $10, Buffalo Exchange, Boston, MA
Kenneth Cole Dress: $5, Women Helping Women, Santa Ana, CA
Total: $24


Look 3:
Pearl Earrings: $5.50 Claires, Boston, MA
100% Wool Skirt: $2.50 Goodwill, Lake Forest, CA
Red Belt: ??? Taipei, Taiwan
BCBG Nude Pointy Shoes: $8, Goodwill, Fountain Valley, CA
Total: $16 + Belt


Look 4:
Gold Vintage Earrings: $2, Irvine Assistance League, Irvine, CA
Black and Gold Belt: $2 Women Helping Women, Santa Ana, CA
100% Cashmere Sweater: $4 Women Helping Women, Santa Ana, CA
BCBG Nude Pointy Shoes: $8, Salvation Army, Fountain Valley, CA
Total: $16


Which look do you like best?  Would love to hear your thoughts. :)


Summary of Today's Tips
1. Shop in your own closest! We often only use 10% of what we own, so take some time to play dress-up. You'll combination possibilities are endless and you'll never know unless you try.
2. With a bold print, pair it with a solid color to add contrast.
3. You can score some amazing deals at thrift shops if you keep an open mind when shopping.  

Yours Truly,

Irene 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely outfits!
    I like it very much and you are so creative with all the pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! You are so right - we already own great things and need to shop our closets! I unfortunately don't have thrift stores nearby and love your finds! Thank you for your sweet comments and have a lovely week!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Theresa and Chic'n Cheap :) <3 irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job to you and your mom on the video! You look great in it! Look #1 is my fave. Maybe you could zoom in on some of the items after you mention them? Neat belts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the feedback Carol. :)

    ReplyDelete