Monday, September 10, 2012

Downtown Disney Party and OOTD

Wednesdays aren't usually the highlight of the week for me as it only marks half a week's worth of work down. But this past Wednesday I was invited to celebrate our new OC Community Manager's debut at the House of Blue's in Downtown Disney.  Blackmarket Bakery catered scrumptious desserts and Viral Photobooth gave guests a chance to strike a pose with their open aired photo booth.  Fun times!    

For a virgin yelp host, I think our Community Manager did a fabulous job. Read my full post here.   


Me and my little sis Mack in front of the House of Blues

Outfit of the Day
Blue Express Dress: Final Sale $19.99 Express, Costa Mesa, CA
Red Maxx New York Bag: $15 Lucky Shops, New York NY
Girly Blue Bow Head-band: $1 Orange County Marketplace, Santa Ana, CA  
Rampage Black Flats (not shown): $10 TJ Maxx, Fountain Valley, CA

We were requested to wear blue, as the party was at the House of Blues. However, like many of the attendees I came straight from work and didn't have time to go home and change into something more festive. So to add some girly spice to the outfit I swapped out my statement necklace that I wore to work for an ultra girly blue head-band. Blair Waldorf would be proud. To add a bit of color, I paired my outfit with a red ombre bag to balance the overall look.   

How do you change your outfits from day to night?

Summary of Today's Tips
1. You can play with a one color scheme but balance your outfit with a pop of color in your bags or shoes!
2. As tempting as buying a new outfit for a party may be, shop in your own closet. You're sure to find some fabulous items that can work in both day and night.
3. It's always great to join food communities! Not only will you meet like-minded people, but also sample some great food within spending a dime!


Yours Truly,

Irene

    

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yu Bargain Rockstar! What a wonderful shade of blue on you! I recognize the bag. ;) What I noticed first, and love most of all, in your photo is that you look really happy here. Your smile is is definitely your best accessory!

    ReplyDelete