Monday, September 24, 2012

Garden Party Inspired OOTD

Most people dislike reptiles, but I think this little guy is a keeper. With all the rhinestones and a girly bow, what's not to love? I picked him up at a local Betsey Johnson outlet before it went out of business. FYI: Betsey Johnson is still available at all major department stores, so all is not lost!  Isn't it a great piece to bring together my garden party outfit?!  
 

 
I decided to pair this little guy with a camel skirt and seafoam green penny loafers (they are so incredibly comfortable and a bargain might I add!--4 bucks!). And to bring the garden theme all together I topped it off with a floral blouse with a knot tied at the front. The blouse is transparent so used a pink tank top as a foundation piece.       

 

Enzo Angiolini Seafoam Green Penny Loafers: $4 Portobello Road, Lakeforest, CA
Betsey Johnson Snake Charmer Necklace: $30-range, Betsey Johnson Outlet, Ontario, CA 
Floral Blouse: $8, Fashion Unlimited, Corona, CA
Camel Skirt: $8 Papaya, Orange, CA
Pink Tank: $4 Urban Outfitters, New York, NY


And what's a party without a delicious fruit platter?! Mmm.... beautiful and healthy. I was actually pleasantly surprised that this was a hit with all the kids!    



What kind of dish do you bring to an outdoor party?


Summary of Today's Tips
1. Pick out one item in your closest to inspire your outfit of the day.
2. Fresh fruit are always in style- and healthy too!


Yours Truly,

Irene

2 comments:

  1. Curious to see what else you'll pair your Betsey snakelace with.

    Is that papaya I see on your fruit platter? Yum! Love the golden kiwi, too! Fresh fruit at outdoor parties are awesome! I think anything that is cut in small pieces and doesn't need to stay cold or hot is good. Maybe mochi would be good if it doesn't melt. Or something baked, like a bundt cake (sans frosting). And bbq! :D Mmmm sausage, hot dogs, chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol!

    I will definitely try to experiment to see what other combinations he'll look good in. So far, a simple black tee works as well, but we defintely need different options

    I'm not sure where you see the papaya. I used apples, gold kiwi, grapes, and watermelon. But aren't the colors gorgeous? :)

    ReplyDelete