Friday, November 30, 2012

$6.88 Oscar De La Renta Scarf & Groupon Date backdate 101712


I am extremely upset that blogger deleted a huge chunk of my posts. Luckily my tech savvy hubby found a way to retrieve some of them and they are as it was written originally (see below). The following few posts will be a collection of my lost posts with today's date. Please bear with me as these posts are memory pieces for me. Thanks

Irene 



Alex and I love to eat and try new things, but with bills and student debt growing ever so quickly we feel guilty to indulge in our tummy's incessant craving. So, like many of your readers purchased a few Groupons for us to experiment a few restaurants with the discount incentive.  We decided to hang around Orange for the afternoon and enjoy the Huntington Beach nightlife. But I'm sure you're all really here because of my latest find- the gorgeous Oscar De La Renta scarf. Patience my pet, just continue reading and you'll find out where I scored this gem :)



FOOD EXPERIENCE

We began our day at a little deli called Orange Tree Deli just a few blocks away from my alma mater- Chapman University. With an average of 4.5 star review on yelp we definitely knew that we had to hit up. Check out my review here.  The portions were extremely generous and tasty too! Two thumbs up! 

For dinner I made reservations through Opentable at Gyu-Kaku in Huntington Beach.  Alex loves the whole DIY BBQ thing, so purchasing this Groupon was a no brainer. I believe if you're a Groupon VIP member it's still available in the Vault. Click here to read my review.  

Overall we were very satisfied with our food choices and our wallets were too!


THRIFTY ACTIVITIES 

Between stuffing ourselves we browsed around the Orange area and stumbled up on this cute little thrift shop. It's actually one of three or four in this plaza. So if you're ready to roll up your sleeves and start digging you're definitely in for a real treat!  Click here for my review of Second Hand Boutique.  Come to think of it, I most certainly need to do a haul as I had scored some pretty amazing garments throughout the summer. So stay tuned for that youtube video!     

Another activity that both Alex and I shared together was just taking a nice stroll. We spent the day at my alma mater as it was Homecoming Weekend, but were a bit too early so the festivities had not yet started.  The campus was quiet but we still had a great time. Below is a photo of us in front of the Berlin Wall at Chapman University.      



We also enjoyed walking along the HB pier at night. Unfortunately, all the photos that I took were way too dark so I'm unable to share them with you.  It's really beautiful and romantic. So for all your love birds, skip the beach during the day and enjoy the crashing waves with you honey at night.

How do you enjoy a frugal weekend with a companion?


Yours Truly,


Irene   

No comments:

Post a Comment