Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Day Feast!

This year my husband and I decided to have our Thanksgiving dinner at Summit House in Fullerton, CA. And I have to tell you, this restaurant was perfect in every way shape and form.  Not only was it decked out in holiday decor, the view was simply amazing. The restaurant sits upon a hill and you can see all the beautiful city lights sparkling below. It was gorgeous and the food... *drools* also equally spectacular! Now I understand why the reservations slots were limited even when I RSVPed a month and a half beforehand!

Stay tuned for my updated Yelp review on our experience, but in the meanwhile you may salivate at the following images. Beginning our meal with Butternut Squash Soup...   Mmm...


I then sampled the Australian Barramundi, which was tender and mouth watering. 


Whereas my husband dug into this huge slab of prime rib. Complete with creamed corn and creamed spinach.  And yes that dish behind is his included side dish.  


We had to take our dessert to go since we were so stuffed, but below is a photo of the four that we were able to select- Creme Brulee, cake, etc. If you're interested in seeing the complete menu click here.  Btw, while Thanksgiving usually centers around an over roasted Turkey, neither Alex nor I like to eat it so we gladly appreciated the tasty entree options here.


As a bargain hunter I believe in experience that encompass the full package and this restaurant is definitely one of the few that I feel is a fantastic value. Though a $40-$50 per person price tag may scare some readers, I feel that for a special occasion this restaurant would be a solid choice that would appease any foodie and be the perfect backdrop for a romantic evening.


How did you spend your Thanksgiving?


Yours Truly,


Irene  



No comments:

Post a Comment