Saturday, December 8, 2012

Gingerbread House Decorating at Powells Candy Shop, Laguna Nigel CA

While My husband and I don't have kids of our own yet, we are definitely kids at heart. So when I saw this awesome Plum District offer to decorate our own gingerbread house we couldn't refuse!  $25 for two to enjoy creating edible masterpieces at our local candy shop- Powells Sweet Shoppe. How can you not be excited?!   We loved everything from the curated Candy songs in the background to the complimentary sweets to eat.  Here's my complete review on yelp. 

*For those of you who aren't familiar with Plum District, it's a discount website focused on family friendly activities geared towards moms.  If this site interests you please use my referral link.    

Here are our blank canvases... 


House #1

House #2

Tell me which house you'd like to live in? and can you tell which house is mine and which is my husbands? :)


To be honest, I decorated both houses. My husband was more interested in eating candy versus decorating so both creations are mine. Though I do think I like House #1 slightly better. :)  The Candy Lady was super nice and also spun us some free cotton candy. We really are kids in a candyshop :)

 What activity makes you feel like a kid?


Yours Truly,

Irene 

2 comments:

  1. Great work on both houses! We have a Powell's here, too! I'll have to take you there whenever you can come visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol! Looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete