Monday, December 17, 2012

Home Cooked Crispy Roasted Rosemary & Potatoes Dish

My husband loves potatoes almost as much as he loves me, though sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. lol Initially I wanted to try Ina Garten's Roasted Rosemary Potatoes, but I'm a visual learner so I  decided to watch a youtube pro show me the step-by-step method.  I ended up using Laura's Roasted Rosemary and Garlic Potatoes video with red-skinned potatoes (vs White Idaho potatoes) and here's the end result.     
 

I used twice as many potatoes and my oven cooks unevenly so many wedges look more crispy than others, but this is definitely a great and easy recipe for the entire family to enjoy. The crispy texture contrasting the fluffy interior is mouth watering and the robust Rosemary aroma completed this fragrant dish. And yes everything on the plate was gone after dinner so I'm glad I snapped this shot before our family devoured it. While I love this simple recipe, I'm on the search for new Rosemary recipes to try as Sean our Rosemary tree has much to offer for this holiday season. If you have suggestions I'd love to hear them.


What kind of comfort food do you and your family enjoy during the holidays?


Yours Truly,

Irene


1 comment:

  1. Nice job! I think rosemary also goes with pork and chicken. Sometimes I just throw a sprig in with whatever I make. I always have trouble finishing a whole package of rosemary from the store.

    ReplyDelete