Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Meet Sean our $10 Rosemary Christmas Tree

I love a giant Christmas tree in the living room as much as the next person, but I also love multi-functional items just as much. So when I saw this cute little Rosemary shrub at my local grocery store I knew that he was the one and for only $10 bucks I was willing to make the investment. When I took him home, I decided that he needed a name so I named him... Sean. Don't ask me why, I just like the name. :)

With the perfect cone-shaped figure, pleasant aromatic scent to the air, and beautiful flavors in my upcoming dishes Sean's the perfect addition to our home. Festive and fragrant! Can't wait to try some new recipes with Sean's offerings.


I'm thinking about making Ina Garten's Rosemary roasted potatoes as it seems that even a novice chef like myself can make this work.  I'll let you know if a future post how that goes. :)

What Rosemary recipes do you love?




BTW: The fact that there are only two ornaments on Sean is intentional as it symbolizes our 2nd Christmas together as a married couple. :) We get a new ornaments each year as our marriage grows stronger. Do you engage in any holiday traditions with your loved ones?

UPCOMING EVENTS:
*Free Outdoor Movie and Popcorn Event at The Lab, Costa Mesa, CA: 6:30pm Each Thursday in December before Christmas. Click here for more details.
*Free Screening of "The Hobbit" in Westminster, CA: Must RSVP and be a current yelp member. Click here for details.




Yours Truly,

Irene






           

2 comments:

  1. Sean looks very handsome. Nice ornaments. Look forward to seeing your posts on your rosemary recipes. I've heard great things from friends about the Barefoot Contessa's food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol! Ina Garten is definitely one of my favorite chefs of all time :) so I will definitely need to try to recreate her creations

    ReplyDelete