Monday, January 14, 2013

Banana Republic Checkered Jacket & Maggie London Dress OOTD

I thrifted this checkered print Banana Republic blazer back in the Fall at Women Helping Women for a bargain. Just $10, but after trying on multiple outfits on multiple days I actually had a very difficult time to styling it since it seemed to really bring too much darkness to any outfit or it clashed greatly.  So, before the end of 2012 I vowed to try to find at least one way to pair it and this is what I came up with, so I hope you enjoy :)    


I paired this jacket with a bold black and white giraffe print Maggie London dress (also thrifted). While some may be timid to pair patterns with patterns, I feel that when the patterns are different sizes they complement each other well. Additionally the white in this dress helps bring a lightness to the overall outfit.   


I also added this lovely collared shaped necklace that's embellished with rhinestones to help glam up the outfit.  I snagged it at my local Ross for just $15!!!  I just love sparkles :)


OUTIFT 
Banana Republic Jacket: Women Helping Women (Thrifted)
Rhinestone Collar Necklace: Ross 
Maggie London Dress: Women Helping Women (Thrifted)
Black Tights: Club Monaco Website
Black Rampage Flats: TJ Maxx

Without the jacket this ensemble can hold it's own as it has a very sleek and classic-ness to it, which is right on trend right now! Wearing contrasting colors is huge on the runway and you really can't go wrong with black and white.


What colors will you be rocking out in 2013?



Yours Truly,

Irene

 

1 comment:

  1. Your Blog is very Nice & also wonderful collection. But I prefer Tigerleash one of the Top Fashion Agency In Uk For My for my fashion Style.UK’s premier fashion agency and distributor Tigerleash,this Brand are very good of their services.

    ReplyDelete