Thursday, January 3, 2013

CVS & Ross Clearance Beauty & Fashion Haul

It's very uncharacteristic of me to shop during the weekday, but with so many retailers trying to push out their winter inventory to make room for new items I felt inclined to at least pay a couple of them a visit. And boy did I hit the jackpot today. I purchased 9 items today for about $22 total, which averages to about $2.50 an item. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

CVS had/has a fairly generous promotion for a variety of their beauty products with many items ranging from 50 % - 75% off. Obviously I went ahead and looked everywhere for the items with the lowest markdown first (the red circle for 75% off). TIP:  Make sure to look at all the products at the bottom on each tower as the products with prime locations (eye-level spots) will feature new products with the new price tag.         


With a 75% off Clearance Tag on these highly rated fast drying nail polish (I made sure that the reviews were fairly positive before purchasing), I decided to try a few colors that I wouldn't normally be attracted to- a coral/orange, yellow gold, and an emerald green.  Which of the colors is your favorite?

CVS
Revlon Top Speed Nail Polish in Emerald $1.57 (saved $4.72)
Revlon Top Speed Nail Polish in Gold $1.57 (saved $4.72)
Revlon Top Speed Nail Polish in Poppy $1.57 (saved $4.72)


Next, I wandered through the hair aisle to search for the perfect hairspray. Last year I took the plunge and purchased a large purple can of Chi hairspray as I've heard so many amazing things about it. However, I was severely disappointed in it's performance. While it did smell wonderfully it just didn't control my hair, which defeats the purpose. *sad face* But I'm willing to search for a new one and for $3 I am willing to experiment on two products. One with the emphasis on flexible control and the other with firm control. I will report back with my findings.  :)

CVS
Pantene Pro V Hair Spray Lasting Volume for Fine Hair $1.49 (saved $4.50)
Pantene Pro V Hair Spray Touchable Volume for Fine Hair $1.49 (saved $4.50)



Lastly, at CVS I decided to find a new face wash as I am running low on my current one. Reviews rave about Biore's Steam Activated Cleanser as it makes one's face exceptionally soft and clean. So I can't wait to try it out. I also paid Big Lots a visit and picked up this funny looking loofa to accompany my new shower Peony Duo (not pictured) gel and lotion set that I purchased from the L'Occitane Outlet in Vegas. 


CVS
Biore Green Tea Cleanser $4.14 (saved $4.15)

Big Lots
Soft Sponge $2.00



Now these two dresses may not look like much on the hanger but when tried on they are both fun quirky pieces that I am super excited to wear in the Spring.  Though I'm sure I can attempt to style them for more chilly seasons as well.  Perhaps I can do a warm and chilly OOTD with each dress.

Ross
Cool Blue Stripes dress: $5.99
Crazy Red dress: $1.49


What beauty of fashion item are you eagerly anticipating to try for 2013?



Yours Truly,

Irene

2 comments:

  1. Awesome finds, and awesome blog! You are a girl after my own heart! I'm also a big bargain hunter. Check out my blog if you like. Happy New Year!

    http://lifeasart215.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lifeasart: thanks sweetie! i will definitely come check out your blog. happy 2013 :D

    ReplyDelete