Tuesday, January 22, 2013

IMATS OOTD + Youtube Beauty Guru DivaDarling23

Oh my goodness!! What do you wear to an event like the IMATS (International Makeup Artists Trade Show)? It was my debut appearance, so it was of utmost importance to make a statement!

Obviously everyone there is going to be put together and fabulous, but I was up to the challenge and here's what I came up with.   Bright vivacious colors galore (!!!) with rich solids as a base and nude stockings and flats. I knew that the trade show would be enormous, so I made sure to wear comfortable shoes.  A total must, don't let anyone tell you otherwise! 


I decided to go with a conservative silhouette and used thrifted accessories to brighten up the outfit. My colorful 100% silk Oscar De La Renta Scarf is a show piece on it's own, but tied with my vintage gold earrings and a genuine alligator belt it just looks complete.

And I'll let you in on a little secret. That skirt is actually a halter top dress that I just folded inward to make into a skirt. Crazy hun? And I have my belt to ensure that it didn't fall off. It was a success! So don't be afraid to try to wear your outfits in unconventional ways, you'll be surprised in how you can completely change your outfit my thinking outside the box!    


Turtleneck: Uniclo, New York NY
Forever 21 dress (folded-inward): New York, NY
Oscar De La Renta Scarf: Orange, CA (Thrifted) 
 Genuine Alligator Belt: Uptown Thrift Store, Pomona CA (Thrifted)
Vintage Gold Earrings: Assistance League of Irvine, Irvine, CA (Thrifted)
Nude Flats: Johnston & Murphy Outlet, Las Vegas NV 
Emerald Ring: Santa Ana, CA

And what show would be complete without bumping into another blogger/youtuber! Ben Green of DivaDarlingChic (Twitter: DivaDarling23) is a highly sought after fashionista & beauty guru, AND a complete sweetheart!  Ben doesn't know if but he played an instrumental role in me purchasing the Cortex 4-in-1 back in 2012.  His youtube video was thorough and sincere, so I decided to take the plunge and make the purchase. Best decision ever!  No more regular curling iron for me!  The wand works magic on my normally flat and boring hair.  Thanks Ben for spending a few minutes to chat with me and stay fabulous! :)       


Now you're probably all thinking about the convention itself and what I purchased. Well.. you're going to just have to wait for the next post! I bunch of TON of make-up products, some high end and some from more affordable lines and I can't wait to put together a youtube video and blog post to show ya'll. But in the meanwhile hang tight!


What would you wear to a high profile event?


Yours Truly,

Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment