Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What's in my DVF purse? Burberry, L'Occitane, & More + Video!

I love bags, but I've always been curious about what people put inside their bags over the bag itself. So today I decided to post photos and a video of what I carry on a typical day when I go thrifting. I carry slightly different things on a normal work day, but you'll have to wait for my next post to see that :)

Here's my favorite Diane Von Furstenberg bag that I snagged for $30 at Lucky Shops New York (usually hosted in October by Lucky Magazine. Here's 2012's info) back when I was in grad school. This bag was a part of a charity fundraiser initiative so the proceeds benefited a good cause. I believe that year the beneficiary was Aids Research.


Mr. Banana is my multi-functional pencil and make-up bag that I carry everywhere.  Inside he's carrying two lipsticks, one in a rich red wine color (Color: Gash, Urban Decay) and a soft nude (Color: Fairest Nude, Loreal- clip $2 off any Loreal cosemetics coupon from Target here), and two pens. One pen is a lip liner from Victoria's Secret and the other is an actual blue ball point pen for me to scribble notes or sign autographs (just kidding about the later one).


I also carry my favorite and first Burberry purchase- my purple plaid sunglasses. I purchased this sometime in college and it was my first major splurge.  I absolutely love these!  
 

And here's another purple item, surprise surprise... If you haven't guessed it already purple is my favorite color. So when I saw this fabulous Ted Baker patent wallet I knew I had to have it. It has Irene written all over it.  It has multiple compartments and a ton of card holders, which I defintiely take advantage of!


Lastly, I carry some type of hand sanitizer, lotion and of my course my purple iphone.  I carry hand sanitizer because I like knowing that my hands are clean and so I can munch on food without worrying about what I touched beforehand. Unfortunately, hand sanitizer also leaves your hands really dry, so I have been using hand cream from L'occitane en Provence. My godmother gifted me the Hand Cream Trio set for Christmas and I love how it makes my hands feel velvety and luxurious.  And I never leave home without my phone, that would be just silly :)  


I also carry women products that are tucked away in the back of my bag as back-up for an emergency and car keys (which I neglected to mention in the video below but...Come check it out and be sure to "like" it)






What do you carry in your purse when you go shopping?


Yours Truly,

Irene


Bargain Announcements
*Baskin Robbins: Every Wednesday until the end of March. Treat yourself and a friend to a B1G1 2 scoop sundae for free. Be sure to check if your ice cream shop is participating. Here's the press release  for more info. 
*Restord Thrift Shop: This awesome thrift shop is having their $5 Grab Bag and will be celebrating their 1st year anniversary next Saturday (Jan 26th)! Go and get a chance to score a chance to win raffles and gift cards! :) Check out my yelp review!


No comments:

Post a Comment